Thursday, March 26, 2015

First Swim, Again

This was the most painful first day swimming I have ever experienced.

My left arm was plain wrong.

Whatever new position it sits in, it needs to move in the water in ways I am not familiar with.  I mean, I pulled, I sent the signal to the arm to pull, and the muscles fired as they always have, but the muscles being in new positions made the arm move differently.  I had no power, and there was very sharp pain.

I managed 650m total, pretty poor.

The ride home was torture.  The physical equalization a going on lead to a very odd sensation/happening in my left side.  Perhaps it buckled.  I don't know for sure, but I think parts above my hip went up aroung my stomach, then under my ribs.

It was not an enjoyable experience, but at least I did not lose control of the bike during it.

Last, but sadly, most, I have gained much weight this winter.  I'm up to 226.  Ouch.

I've been heavier.  It is just disappointing after managing to not gain much weight before the new year.  Things just got very difficult, and I ate lots of sweets to avoid complete misery.

It is finally warming up, however, and the fight begins again.  I just wish it didn't hurt so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment